- Team Overview
- Nitzan Shaer
- Janet Muto
- Greg Garson
- Joe Johnson
- Meredith Lobel
- Alo Mukerji
- Ashley Carneal
- Shefali Frampton
- Amy Rosenthal
- Celina Rosas
- Robert Lodi
- Blair Baldwin
Nitzan ShaerManaging Partner
Nitzan Shaer is Managing Partner and Co-founder of High Start Group, a firm focused on helping startups and Fortune 500 companies create and launch breakthrough products.
Before High Start Group, Nitzan founded the Mobile Product Group at Skype, where he led the development and marketing efforts to bring Skype to mobile phones. Previously, Nitzan successfully managed the development of three global products in the Mobile and Embedded Division at Microsoft. Nitzan also led venture investments as Entrepreneur in Residence at Flybridge Capital Partners and was Chief Operating Officer and Board Member at Mobivox.
Nitzan is an active angel investor, and served as board member or advisory board member at Alternative Investment Exchange, Consumer United, and Assured Labor. He is also a frequent speaker on mobile commerce and product innovation.
In addition to his business endeavors, Nitzan is active in pro-bono work, including as mentor and judge at the MIT $100K, Commission Board Member at Combined Jewish Philanthropies, Board member at the Wellesley Children’s Center, and is active with the National Academy of Engineering Grand Challenge.
A former Captain in the Israel Air Force, Nitzan was first in his class at the Air Force Academy, is an honors graduate of Technion, and has an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Nitzan frequently speaks on product innovation, mobile commerce, and entrepreneurship.
Nitzan is featured in the following events, posts, and media:
- Momentum Summit
- WebInno: Building Products that Win
- Vilna Shul Speaker Series: Mobile Commerce, the Tipping Point is Here
- MITX: Technology and the Retail Transformation: Mobile, Social and e-Commerce
- FutureM Panel: "The Road to Product Strategy 2.0: Marketing’s Leadership for User, Social, and Viral Methodologies"
- Webinar Recording: "The Key to Mobile Success: Know Your User"
- Event: Expert at MassTLC Unconference
- Event: “Connecting Companies with Capital”, sponsored by Mass Innovation Nights and IBM Innovation Center Blog Posts
- Best Practices for Building the Best Mobile Experience
- 3 Take Aways From The New York (DIY) Marathon 2012
- Can Boston become the #1 global cluster for mobile?
- Rethinking mobile commerce: What do customers really want in their mobile experience?
- What do customers really want in their mobile experience?
- Peering into the Future of Location-Based Marketing
- Israeli and Palestinian students share a common goal as entrepreneurs in Boston
- Clicks, bricks and mobile commerce: creating a winning strategy
- The top 10 TED talks on innovation
- WebInno: Building Products That Win
“What inspires me? Creativity. Imagination. Resourcefulness. Proficiency. The ability to bring ideas to life. I am inspired by ingenuity and the capacity of individuals, groups, and communities to transform their lives. I find it exhilarating to see people build a way where none existed before, realizing ideas that benefit millions of other people around the world.”