- Team Overview
- Nitzan Shaer
- Janet Muto
- Greg Garson
- Joe Johnson
- Meredith Lobel
- Alo Mukerji
- Ashley Carneal
- Shefali Frampton
- Amy Rosenthal
- Celina Rosas
- Robert Lodi
- Blair Baldwin
Janet MutoManaging Partner
Janet Muto is a veteran marketing executive with strong expertise in SaaS, technology, sales, and the small and medium-size business (SMB) market.
Before joining High Start Group, Janet served as the Vice President of Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer for Constant Contact, where she grew the SaaS business to 25,000 SMB customers. Prior to that, she was the Vice President of Worldwide Marketing for MicroTouch Systems, Inc., where she led the MicroTouch Enabled branding program and developed a strategic partner program with monitor companies including Dell, ViewSonic, and IBM. Janet has worked at Hewlett-Packard, where she was Worldwide Marketing Group Manager for the Unix workstations and supercomputers group. She has also held management positions with Apollo Computer and Prime Computer.
Janet holds a BA from Trinity College and an MBA from Babson College, Franklin W. Olin Graduate School of Business.
Janet is featured in the following events, posts, and media:
- Event: Organizer and Moderator, FutureM Panel: "The Road to Product Strategy 2.0: Marketing’s Leadership for User, Social, and Viral Methodologies
- Event: Expert at MassTLC Unconference Blog Posts
- Freemium or Free Trial: Which “Free” is Right for Your Business?
- “Why use a mobile wallet (or, isn’t a credit card fast enough?)”
- Is your SaaS Chief Cook and Bottle Washer?
- Innovation has to be about more than innovation
- What Product Managers Can Learn From Starbucks
- Who’s Missing from your Product Strategy Team?
- Selling SaaS to SMBs: Is it Really Low-Touch?
- Product Strategy in the Age of “Real-Time Marketing and PR”
- MITX Blog Post: Why All Applications May Soon be Available in the “App” Store
- SMB Tip #3: Just Say No to White Papers
“What inspires me? I am passionate about SMBs—I love their optimism and enthusiasm and fierce independence. I am inspired to bring this passion to my client teams—and to help their success by finding, developing, and delighting their SMB customers. ”